Bathtub Safety Bars For Seniors (Top 4 Updated For 2020)
- Moen 8724 Home 24-Inch Bathroom Grab Bar – Supports up to 500 pounds when installed in a stug or when using SecureMounts (not included).
- Drive Medical Adjustable Height Bathtub Grab Bar Safety Rail – Stainless steel locking mechanism and non wearing rubber pads provide scratch proof security .
- Medical Adjustable Bathtub Safety Rail Shower Grab Bar Handle – The Vaunn Medical Bathtub Safety Rail provides support for individuals getting in and out of the bathtub – ensuring safety and preventing injuries or falls. (Note: Most falls happen when seniors get in or out of the bathtub.)
- AmeriLuck Stainless Steel Bath Grab Bar – Can be widely used in commercial and residential places as hallway, stairway, swimming pool, toilet, bathtub and shower safety grab Handrails.
Bathtub safety bars for seniors are safety devices designed to enable a person to maintain balance, lessen fatigue while standing, hold some of their weight while maneuvering, or have something to grab onto in case of a slip or fall.
A caregiver may use a grab bar to assist with transferring a patient from one place to another. A worker may use a grab bar to hold on to as he or she climbs, or in case of a fall. (source)
What are bathtub safety bars for seniors made of?
Bathtub safety bars for seniors must bear high loads and sudden impacts, and most jurisdictions have building regulations specifying what loads they must bear.
They are generally mounted to masonry walls or to the studs of stud walls (which may need to be specially strengthened). They can be mounted through drywall into a strong wooden wall stud or other structural member, but not mounted only on the drywall, as it will not bear the users’ weight.
Bathtub safety bars bars are made of metal, plastic, fiberglass, and composites. For wet areas such as bathrooms, the material must be waterproof. Stainless steel, nylon-coated mild steel, epoxy-coated aluminum, ABS plastic, and even vinyl-coated metal and plastic.
Where should it be installed ?
Advantages of bathtub safety bars for seniors
The fear of falling and getting hurt can keep you from doing a lot of things – including taking a bath. Seniors can become reluctant to bathe or shower as often as they should because they don’t want to run the risk of getting hurt. Poor hygiene can create infections and skin problems. It’s important for overall good health as we get older to bathe twice a week at the very least. Installing grab bars in your shower can give you the confidence and stability you need to bathe every day, reducing the chance of infections. (source)
The shower or bathtub isn’t the only place where falls can occur. Sitting down and getting off the toilet can cause you to take a tumble as well. Sometimes, it’s just because we are getting older and our balance isn’t as good as it once was. Other risk factors can be caused from dehydration or medication that can cause dizziness or light-headedness if you get up too quickly.
Independence And Confidence
Being able to live in your home and maintain your independence as long as possible is important. It’s difficult to feel like you’re losing your quality of life by having to ask family and friends for help with things you didn’t need help with before. But small changes like adding grab bars to your bathroom can prolong your independence, your quality of life and freedom to continue living as you have been.
Grab bars are a relatively inexpensive way to make bathing easier – allowing you to take care of your hygiene yourself and not have to ask for help to do that either.
Bathtub Safety Bars For Seniors (Top 4 Updated For 2020)
Grab bars are important to install for extra support and stability when getting in and out of the bath or shower each day. We have for you the 4 best ones:
1- Moen 8724 Home 24-Inch Bathroom Grab Bar at Amazon
Moen 8724 Home 24-Inch Bathroom Grab Bar is one of the best bathtub safety bars for seniors out there that its not expensive and with high quality. It is very easy to install and most of the reviews from custumers are positive.
- Moen Home 24-Inch Bathroom Grab Bar offers extra grip even when it’s wet because of its textured surface.
- The included screws are three-inches long and reach securely in the studs.
- The bar’s diameter is perfect for the average adult hand.
- Moen Home 24-Inch Bathroom Grab Bars included metals can strip if they’re overly tightened.
- The mounting brackets can be challenging to install because of the design.
- It can be too close to the wall for some people.
2 – Drive Medical Adjustable Height Bathtub Grab Bar Safety Rail at Amazon
- Drive Medical Adjustable Safety Rail’s height is easy to adjust and accommodates tall adults.
- It’s secure and stays put once the clamp is tightened.
- It doesn’t take up a lot of space and hides behind shower curtains.
- Drive Medical Adjustable Safety Rail may not be tall enough for someone over six feet.
- The handle can become slippery when it’s wet.
- Water can get in-between the pads.
3 – Medical Adjustable Bathtub Safety Rail Shower Grab Bar Handle at Amazon
- Medical Adjustable Bathtub Bar Handle clamps securely to the tub.
- The parts are easy to install without any tools required.
- It doesn’t shift an inch when supporting adults.
- Medical Adjustable Bathtub Bar Handle is prone to being slippery when it’s wet.
- It doesn’t have an adjustable length.
- It doesn’t stay as sturdy and secure on fiber tubs.
4 – AmeriLuck Stainless Steel Bath Grab Bar at Amazon
- AmeriLuck Stainless Steel Bath Grab Bar feels secure and doesn’t budge when supporting a lot of weight.
- The brushed chrome finish matches most hardware and faucets in bathrooms.
- It doesn’t scratch or become scuffed up easily.
- AmeriLuck Stainless Steel Bath Grab Bar’s included screws are too long and may not work with some of the anchors.
- The length of the bars may be too long for smaller tubs.
- The instructions can be difficult to follow and are vague.
Karen started writing about health to document her own journey. She fell into some very bad habits and knew things had to change. That’s why she joined us to help as many people as possible with their health issues
This Post Has One Comment
Pingback: Temporary Handicap Ramps For Homes (Top 4 Updated For 2020)