Best Blood Sugar Monitoring Devices (Top 5 Updated For 2020)
Are you searching for the best blood sugar monitoring devices? If yes you don’t need to search any longer. We have for you the 5 best blood sugar monitoring devices to help you control the amount of sugar (glucose) in your blood.
There are many types of blood sugar monitoring devices available, from basic models to more-advanced meters with multiple features and options.
The cost of blood sugar monitoring devices and test strips varies, as does insurance coverage. Take a look below what are the best ones in 2020.
KETO-MOJO Bluetooth Blood Ketone and Glucose Meter
Our #1 Rated
4.9 out of 5
Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter
Our #2 Rated
4.5 out of 5
Contour NEXT EZ Blood Glucose Meter
Our #3 Rated
4.5 out of 5
Metene Blood Glucose Meter
Our #4 Rated
4.0 out of 5
AUVON DS-W Diabetes Blood Glucose Meter
Our #5 Rated
4.0 out of 5
What is blood glucose?
Blood glucose or blood sugar is the main sugar found in the blood. It all comes from the food we eat, and it is your body’s main source of energy. Your blood carries glucose to all of your body’s cells to use for energy.
Diabetes is a disease in which your blood sugar levels are too high. Over time, having too much glucose in your blood can cause serious problems. Even if you don’t have diabetes, sometimes you may have problems with blood sugar that is too low or too high. Keeping a regular schedule of eating, activity, and taking any medicines recommended by your doctor can help.(source)
Choosing the best blood sugar monitoring devices
When selecting a blood sugar monitoring devices, it can help to know the basics of how they work. To use most blood glucose meters, you first insert a test strip into the device. Then you poke a clean fingertip with a special needle to get a drop of blood. You carefully touch the test strip to the blood and wait for a blood glucose reading to appear on the screen.
When used and stored properly, blood glucose meters are generally accurate in how they measure glucose. They differ in the type and number of features they offer. Here are several factors to consider when choosing a blood glucose meter:
- Insurance coverage. Check with your insurance provider for coverage details. Some insurance providers limit coverage to specific models or limit the total number of test strips allowed.
- Cost. Meters vary in price. Be sure to factor in the cost of test strips.
- Ease of use and maintenance. Some meters are easier to use than others. Are both the meter and test strips comfortable and easy to hold? Can you easily see the numbers on the screen? How easy is it to get blood onto the strips? How big a drop of blood is required?
- Special features. Ask about the features to see what meets your specific needs. Special features may include large, easy-to-handle buttons and test strips, illuminated screens, and audio, which may be useful for people with impaired vision.
- Information storage and retrieval. Consider how the meter stores and retrieves information. Some can track everything you’d normally write in a log, such as the time and date of a test, the result, and trends over time. Some meters offer the ability to share your readings in real time with your doctor with a smartphone app. Or some may offer the option to download your blood glucose readings to a computer or cellphone, then email the test results to your doctor.
- Support. Many meter manufacturers include a toll-free number that you can call for help. Look for a meter that includes clear instructions that demonstrate the correct way to use the meter. Some manufacturers offer user manuals on their websites.
Why is it important to use best blood sugar monitoring devices?
The only way to know what your blood glucose level is, you must test it. Regular testing will help you identify high and low levels before serious problems could develop.
When you test yourself regularly, it helps you understand how well you are balancing your insulin therapy, meal planning, and exercise to manage your diabetes.
These test results will also provide valuable information for your doctor to help make adjustments to your overall care plan.
Best Blood Sugar Monitoring Devices (Top 5 Updated For 2020)
We did the research and read all the reviews and compared most of the blood sugar monitoring devices used today, we selected the 5 best for you.
- KETO-MOJO Bluetooth Blood Ketone and Glucose Meter
- Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter
- Contour NEXT EZ Blood Glucose Meter
- Metene Blood Glucose Meter
- AUVON DS-W Diabetes Blood Glucose Meter
Our #1 Rated – KETO-MOJO Bluetooth Blood Ketone and Glucose Meter.
The Keto-Mojo monitor is one of the newest (and most popular) devices that let’s you quickly and accurately measure your blood ketone and glucose levels.
Like most keto monitoring devices, it measures the level of beta-hydroxybutyrate in your blood via a test strip that you insert into the reader.
It claims to be the most accurate and affordable reader, which is a breath of fresh air in a market dominated by big-name players. In the past, such accuracy would easily have cost several hundred dollars.
- Leading keto experts recommend Keto-Mojo meters
- Test both ketones and glucose
- The test strips utilize industry-leading technology for precision & accuracy
- Only meter with a Lifetime Warranty
- Have Many Instructional Videos
- Results in 5 secounds
- Higher price compared with other meters
- May need extra calibration
Our #2 Rated – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter
Care Touch Blood Glucose Testing Kit – Testing your blood sugar is essential to your present and future health. Care Touch wants to make it easy to keep track of your glucose levels with our high-tech monitor.
Using their technology, you can stay up-to-date with your diabetes treatment and management. Always be aware of how your body is functioning on a day-to-day basis with a few simple steps. Keep track of your blood using the new, state-of-the-art monitoring system.
- No Coding Required
- Fast Test Results in 5 Seconds or Less
- Hygienic Test Strip Release
- Ejector means no more handling used, soiled test strips
- Small Blood Sample Size – 0.5µL
- Pre/Post Meal Flagging
- 300 Memory to help you monitor the effect of treatments
- No calibration solution included or available
- Does not come with alcohol swabs
Our #3 Rated – Contour NEXT EZ Blood Glucose Meter
The Bayer Contour NEXT meter offers superior technology for exceptionally accurate results patients can depend on and share with their health care team. These results can help guide patients and health care providers in making decisions about diabetes management. This may include dietary changes as well as adjustments in the administration of insulin and medication. The results of blood glucose testing may also have an impact on a patient’s safety. With the Bayer Contour NEXT meter, a single blood sample is evaluated 7 times for a higher level of accuracy.
- Complete Starter Kit: Includes; A Contour Next Ez Diabetes Monitor, 100 Contour Next Test Strips, 100 Active Forward Lancets (30g), Microlet Lancing Device, Contour Next Control Solution, Manual, Log Book & Carry Case.
- Test Results within 5 seconds.
- All components have an expiration date of 12-24 Months.
- You have to take a test strip out of the container and insert it.
- No way to calibrate
Our #4 Rated – Metene Blood Glucose Meter
This blood glucose meter is produced by industry-leading factories with German chips. The test strips are made with latest biosensor and equippped with temperature-aware, secondary verification test and hematocrit compensation technology to avoid interference from blood oxygen variations.
This glucose monitoring system was tested on 244 capillary blood samples and compared to YSI-2300 laboratory method, the results show it exceed the standard of ISO15197.
- Painless Test
- Metene blood glucose test strips adopt industry-leading technologies to ensure the testing results accurate and stable.
- Universal design makes this blood lancets device suitable for most lancets on the market, avoiding the inconvenience of purchasing and using.
- 7 seconds to read
Our #5 Rated – AUVON DS-W Diabetes Blood Glucose Meter
It is reasonably priced and the test strips are less expensive than other brands. Some brands are several times more costly. The Auvon brand, both the meter and the test strips are attractively priced for low income people.
- Has instructional videos
- Easy to use
- Fast results
- Can function within ±10%, or ±10 mg/dl of laboratory values over 95% of the time, which is far beyond ISO 15197:2013 passing standard (within ±15% or ±15 mg/dl).
- A little fragile compared to the others
Karen started writing about health to document her own journey. She fell into some very bad habits and knew things had to change. That’s why she began this site!