Best Inexpensive Heart Rate Monitors
Doesn’t matter if you use an arm band or chest strap, smarten up your exercise and training routine by adding ones of the best inexpensive heart rate monitors for a very affordable price.
A heart rate monitor (HRM) is a personal monitoring device that allows one to measure/display heart rate in real time or record the heart rate for later study.
The early models consisted of a monitoring box with a set of electrode leads which attached to the chest.
As “intensity training” became a popular concept in athletic circles in the mid-80s, retail sales of wireless personal heart monitors started in 1983
Technologies used on heart monitors
Today’s heart rate monitors use one of two different methods to record heart signals (electrical and optical). Both electrical and optical heart monitors use the algorithms such as Pan-Tompkins algorithm to measure heart rate.
ECG (Electrocardiography) sensors measure the bio-potential generated by electrical signals that control the expansion and contraction of heart chambers, typically implemented in medical devices.
PPG (Photoplethysmography) sensors use a light-based technology to measure the blood volume controlled by the heart’s pumping action.
The electrical monitors consist of two elements: a monitor/transmitter, which is worn on a chest strap, and a receiver. When a heartbeat is detected a radio signal is transmitted, which the receiver uses to display/determine the current heart rate.
This signal can be a simple radio pulse or a unique coded signal from the chest strap.
Recent devices use optics to measure heart rate by shining light from an LED through the skin and measuring how it scatters off blood vessels. In addition to measuring the heart rate, some devices using this technology are able to measure blood oxygen saturation
Best Inexpensive Heart Rate Monitors (Updated For 2020)
We’ve looked at many of the top selling heart monitors which all aim to help you monitor your heart rate, but some of them are very expensive.
We looked at value for money, durability, support offered and customer feedback to bring you, in our opinion, the top five best inexpensive heart rate monitors.
- Letsfit Fitness Activity Tracker Watch with Heart Rate Monitor
- ANCwear Fitness Tracker Watch Activity Tracker with Heart Monitor and Blood Pressure
- LEKOO Fitness Tracker, Activity Trackers Health Exercise Watch with Heart Rate Monitor and Sleep Monitor
- Letsfit Smart Watch, Fitness Tracker with Heart Rate Monitor
- CooSpo Fitness Tracker Ant+ Heart Rate Monitor
Our #1 Rated – Letsfit Fitness Activity Tracker Watch with Heart Rate Monitor
- Heart Rate Monitoring
- Sleep Tracking
- Sports Tracking & GPS Connection
- Call and Message Notifications
- IP67 Standard
- Cordless Charging
- Low Price
- The screen is a little easy to scratch
- The sleep tracker is not very accurate
Our #2 Rated – ANCwear Fitness Tracker
ANCwear brand was established in the United States in 2016, its founder is a group of young people who love life and love sports.
They are always looking for products that can help us make life easier and smarter.
The ANCwear fitness tracker is such a product that helps us better record sports and health and make life more lovely.
- Multi-function Bluetooth
- Heart Rate and Blood Pressure Monitor
- Compatible with most iOS 8.0 & Android 4.4 above
- Waterproof Design
- Remote Camera Capture
- All-day activity tracker
- Low Price
- Low quality pictures
- Sometimes its not as accurate as the most expensive models
Our #3 Rated – LEKOO Fitness Tracker, Activity
This fit watch was made from highly clear resin material and sealed with the case by high-frequency machine.
- 1 year warranty
- 24-hour heart rate monitoring and activity tracking
- Easy to charge with any USB block and computer
- Multi-function Bluetooth
- No alarm options
- May be a little hard to sync with your phone
Our #4 Rated – Letsfit Smart Watch Model ID205L
Get your daily data breakdown with just the press of a button and analyze your weekly accumulated data to get a better understanding of your health.
More than just a record of your daily movements, check achievements on the go and keep fit no matter where.
- Breathing Training Courses
- Up to 10 days of battery life
- Meets IP68 water Standard requirements
- Heart Rate Monitor
- Sleep Monitor
- Calorie Counter
- Step Counter
- Call & Message Reminder
- Music Control
- Not very accurate at counting steps
- No replacement strap options to purchase
- Lack of exercise options.
Our #5 Rated – CooSpo Fitness Tracker Ant+ Heart Rate Monitor
This H6 is one of the most accurate tool to measure your heart rate.
- Bluetooth 4.0 / ANT+
- Supports Third Party apps
- Water and Sweat Proof
- Heart Rate and Calorie Tracking
- No Display
- Some problem to sync with some apps
Our Process To Select The Best Inexpensive Heart Rate Monitors
Our writers spent 7 hours researching the most popular heart monitors with the lowest price on the market. Before making their final recommendations, they considered 17 different heart monitors overall, screened options from 19 different brands and manufacturers and read over 56 user reviews (both positive and negative). All of this research adds up to recommendations you can trust.