Best Oral Thermometer For Adults – (Top 4 Updated For 2020)
In this hard times choosing the best oral thermometer for your family can be confusing. We reviewed the best oral thermometer for adults in 2020 to make your life easier.
Regular digital thermometers use electronic heat sensors to record body temperature. These thermometers can be used in the rectum, mouth or armpit.
Femometer Oral Thermometer
Digital Medical Oral Thermometer For Adults
Our #1 Rated
5 out of 5
Kaleni Oral Thermometer
Our #2 Rated
3.5 out of 5
Sanpu Oral Thermometer
Oral Thermometer For Babies, Kids and Adult
Our #3 Rated
3.5 out of 5
Adoric Life Oral Thermometer
Our #4 Rated
3.0 out of 5
Armpit temperatures are usually the least accurate. Rectal temperatures provide the best readings for infants, especially those 3 months or younger, as well as children up to age 3. For older children and adults, oral readings are usually accurate — as long as the mouth is closed while the thermometer is in place.
If you plan to use a digital thermometer to take both oral and rectal temperatures, you’ll need to get two digital thermometers and label one for oral use and one for rectal use. Don’t use the same thermometer in both places.(source)
Why do you need to check an oral temperature?
You may need it to learn if you or a family member has fever. Fever” is a word used for a temperature that is higher than normal for the body. Fever is usually a sign of illness, infection, or other conditions. The normal oral temperature for adults is about 98.6° F (37° C). The normal oral temperature for a child is between 97.6° and 99.3° F (36.4° and 37.4° C).
Related: Non Contact Thermometers For Humans
The normal oral temperature for older persons is 98.2° F (36.8° C). Body temperature changes slightly through the day and night, and may change based on your activity. (source)
What kind of thermometer is used to take an oral temperature?
- A digital thermometer is used to take an oral temperature. It is a small hand-held device with a “window” showing your temperature in numbers. There are many kinds of digital thermometers. Most digital thermometers are easy to use and measure body temperature within seconds. Carefully read the instructions before using your digital thermometer.
- Glass thermometers with alcohol inside may also be used for oral temperatures. This thermometer is a thin glass tube with a red or blue line inside it. These thermometers are safe to use for people over the age of 5. A child younger than 5 may bite the thermometer, breaking it in their mouth.
- In the past, mercury (MER-kure-e) thermometers were used. This thermometer is a thin glass tube with a silver tip and line inside. The silvertip and line is mercury. Mercury is a toxic and hazardous chemical. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), and other organizations warn against using mercury thermometers. If the thermometer breaks, the mercury may be breathed in or absorbed (soaked) into your skin. If a glass thermometer breaks while checking an oral temperature, the mercury may be swallowed. Mercury is bad for your health, as well as for the water, wildlife, and waste systems on earth.
- If you have a mercury thermometer, replace it with a digital thermometer. You may also replace it with a glass thermometer having alcohol or galinstan instead of mercury in it. If your mercury thermometer breaks, do not touch the thermometer or the mercury. Do not try to clean up the spill. Open your windows to air out the area. Take children and pets out of the area right away.
How to use a thermometer
Related: Non Touch Thermometer Medical Grade
Best Oral Thermometer For Adults (Top 4 Updated For 2020)
We reviewed a range of oral thermometers for adults available and we selected the top 4 to share with you. The main points we looked at were price, quality, and accuracy of the temperature readings.
Femometer Oral Thermometer is the best oral thermometer for adults in our list. The accurate digital display window is easy to read with large numbers and only takes 1-2 minutes to get a temperature reading. This thermometer is easy for anyone to use and is Mercury-Free and safe to use in your home. The temperature readings may vary in different parts of the body.
This thermometer offers two units -Celsius and Fahrenheit. Easily switch between ℃/℉ by pressing the ON/OFF button for 2-5 seconds. The default setting is Fahrenheit.
Taking temperature with this digital thermometer is as simple as pressing a button and holding it for a while. Easy to read, LCD display with an alarm feature to lets you know when the measurement is complete.
3 Ways to Use
- Oral: Place the thermometer under tongue, and then close mouth and breathe evenly through the nose.Normal temperature between.
- Rectal: Lubricate silver probe tip with petroleum jelly for easy insertion. Gently insert the sensor approximately 1 cm(less than 1/2 inch) into the rectum.
- Armpit: Wipe armpit dry. Place the probe in the armpit and keep arm pressed firmly at the side.
This digital oral thermometer is easy to use, you just need to press one button to take temperatures, you can get a accurate reading in 30 seconds.
Features of the thermometer
1. Multiple mode use:Oral thermometer with Rectal and Underarm function
2. One button measurement
3. High accuracy and 30 seconds measurement
4. Fever alert
5. Two measuring units(℃ and ℉)
The mouth (oral cavity) is considered to be a reliable representation for body temperature when the thermometer is placed far back under the tongue. (Place the thermometer under the tongue and close your mouth).
With Adoric Life’s oral thermometer you can get accurate body temperature detection within 10 seconds. You can easily switch the units between Celsius and Fahrenheit. By default the setting is in Fahrenheit. If you want to convert to Celsius press the ON/OFF button for 4 seconds to convert.
When temperature exceeds 100.04℉/37.8℃,the thermometer will beep immediately. The medical thermometer can record the latest temperatures and automatically turn off if not operate in 10 minutes.
After carefully reviewing all of the oral thermometer for adults, the best one is the Femometer Oral Thermometer .
This oral thermometer for adults is a very good value for the money and gives accurate temperature readings. It is easy to use and every customers reported to be accurate and provides fast results.
Related: Most Accurate No Touch Thermometer
Karen started writing about health to document her own journey. She fell into some very bad habits and knew things had to change. That’s why she joined us to help as many people as possible with their health issues.