Best Probiotic Recommended By Doctors
Your digestive tract is filled with beneficial bacteria that help your body absorb nutrients, establish immunity and create waste materials. Probiotics balance out the bad and good microbes in your intestines. The best probiotics recommended by doctors contain the right amount of healthy bacteria to colonize your gut and help you stay healthy.
What are probiotics?
Probiotics are live microorganisms promoted with claims that they provide health benefits when consumed, generally by improving or restoring the gut flora. They are considered generally safe to consume, but may cause bacteria-host interactions and unwanted side effects in rare cases. There is little evidence that probiotics bring the health benefits claimed for them. (source)
Physician's Choice Probiotics
Dr. Approved Probiotics for Women and Men
Our #1 Rated
5.0 out of 5 in the Physician's Choice Probiotics
Garden of Life Dr. Formulated Probiotics
Gluten Free - 60 Vegetarian Capsules
Our #2 Rated
4.0 out of 5
Dr. Tobias Deep Immune Probiotic
Supports a Healthy Gut and No Refrigeration Needed
Our #3 Rated
3.5 out of 5
Wholesome Wellness Probiotics
Dr. Approved Probiotics for Women and Men
Our #4 Rated
3.5 out of 5
What type of bacteria are in probiotics ?
Probiotics may contain many microorganisms. The most common are bacteria that belong to groups called Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium. Other bacteria may also be used as probiotics, and so may yeasts such as Saccharomyces boulardii.
Different types of probiotics may have different effects. For example, if a specific kind of Lactobacillus helps prevent an illness, that doesn’t necessarily mean that another kind of Lactobacillus or any of the Bifidobacterium probiotics would do the same thing. (source)
How probiotics work?
Probiotics have a variety of effects in the body, and different probiotics may act in different ways.
- Help your body maintain a healthy community of microorganisms or help your body’s community of microorganisms return to a healthy condition after being disturbed
- Produce substances that have desirable effects
- Influence your body’s immune response.
How effective are probiotics for health conditions
Many researches has been done on probiotics, but much there is a lot to be learned about whether they are helpful and safe for various health conditions.
They have shown promise for a variety of health purposes, including prevention of :
- Antibiotic-associated diarrhea (including diarrhea caused by Clostridium difficile),
- Necrotizing enterocolitis and sepsis in premature infants,
- Treatment of infant colic,
- Treatment of periodontal disease,
- Induction or maintenance of remission in ulcerative colitis.
Possible side effect of probiotics
While there are many health benefits linked to taking probiotics, there can also be side effects. Most of these are minor and only affect a small percentage of the population.
However, some people with serious illnesses or compromised immune systems may experience more severe complications. (source)
- They May Cause Unpleasant Digestive Symptoms – Most people don’t experience side effects, but the most commonly reaction to a probiotic supplement is a temporary increase in gas and beating.
- Amines in Probiotic Foods May Trigger Headaches – Some probiotic-rich foods, like yogurt, sauerkraut and kimchi, contain biogenic amines. Biogenic amines are substances that form when protein-containing foods age or are fermented by bacteria.
- Some Strains Can Increase Histamine Levels – Can also produce histamine inside the digestive tract of humans. Histamine is a molecule that is normally produced by your immune system when it detects a threat.
- Some Ingredients May Cause Adverse Reactions – People with allergies or intolerances should read the labels of probiotic supplements carefully, since they might contain ingredients they could react to.
- They Can Increase Infection Risk for Some – Probiotics are safe for the vast majority of the people, but may not be the best fit for everyone. In rare cases, the bacteria or yeasts found in probiotics can enter the bloodstream and cause infections in susceptible individuals
How to choose a probiotic
A probiotic must contain a live and active bacteria cultures, and it should indicate as much on its packing.
A general recommendation is to choose probiotic products with at least 1 billion colony forming units and containing the genus Lactobacillus, Bifidobacterium or Saccharomyces boulardii, some of the most researched probiotics.
When looking for a probiotic, it’s important that potency is guaranteed through expiration. Avoid labels that read “potency guaranteed at the time of manufacture.” The latter statement means that though a probiotic may have 30 billion CFUs in the lab, they cannot guarantee that there will still be 30 billion CFUs when the product hits the shelf.
How to get started with probiotics
Think you want to give probiotics a shot? Here are Dr. Cresci’s take-aways to help you navigate them:
● Probiotics are generally recognized as safe, but they’re typically not recommended if you have a compromised immune system. Ask your physician if probiotics are right for you.
● It may take some trial and error to find the probiotic that works for you. If you notice no benefits from one product after a few weeks, try a different one with a different strain of bacteria.
● Probiotics may cause bloating and gas, as well as changes in your stool patterns — all indications that the product is working, Dr. Cresci says.
● Prebiotic foods help your good bacteria flourish. Include beans, asparagus, onions, green bananas and other fermentable fiber sources in your diet.(source)
Best Probiotic Recommended By Doctors (Top 4 Updated For 2020)
Physician’s Choice Probiotics is the best probiotic recommended by doctors. Made with 10 probiotic strains & premium grade professional grade NON-GMO ingredients. Shelf-stable vegan probiotics with no unnecessary binders, soy, gluten, milk, egg, wheat, peanuts, shellfish or preservatives.
Contains 10 strains plus a patented shelf stable bottle which ensures product stability. This probiotic daily blend plus organic prebiotic fiber blend naturally helps to support the stomach’s digestive environment and supports the natural stomach balance:
- Great for gut health,
- Occasional gas relief,
- Bloating relief,
- Leaky gut,
- Digestive health,
- Weight loss,
- Immune system and intestinal health.
3rd-party tested for purity and potency. Each bottle is manufactured in the USA using imported and domestic ingredients. The probiotics are made for women and men. They contain 60 Billion CFUs at the time of manufacturing, more than the usual 50 Billion CFU.
Emerging science is showing a link between gut and brain health. Dr. Perlmutter created this unique formula with clinically studied probiotics L. helveticus R0052 and B. longum R0175 in the amount clinically shown to support mood, emotional well-being and relaxation. Mood+ also has 350mg of organic ashwagandha and organic Alaskan blueberries for stress management.
With 50 Billion CFU and 16 probiotic strains, Mood+ provides digestive and immune support to promote a healthy microbiome.† Mood+ is Non-GMO Project Verified, NSF Certified Gluten Free and contains no dairy or soy.
Digestive health is extremely important to overall wellness. Every serving contains over 4.4 billion colony forming units, providing good bacteria to help create healthy digestion.
- Manufactured in an FDA registered & GMP-certified facility
- Announced and unannounced plant inspection
This probiotic is made with advanced spore-forming strains that withstand stomach acid and release in the intestine for better absorption. It also contains a probiotic strain that doesn’t require refrigeration, no FOS included is formulated with highly effective and patent build-in prebiotics that feed good probiotic bacteria.
This doctor formulated probiotic is made with genuine prebiotics, digestive enzymes, and probiotics based on clinical research. A once daily probiotic supplement for digestive health that naturally helps to support the natural stomach balance.
High potency probiotic for women and men, and its recommended for gut health, gas relief, bloating relief, constipation eliminator, leaky gut & flora, digestive health solution, weight loss, immune system, womens prenatal, yeast relief, sleep, intestinal health fortify, candida, colon defense, diet, mood thrive, metabolism, clear bowel and kidney care.
Click Here For Price at Amazon
Karen started writing about health to document her own journey. She fell into some very bad habits and knew things had to change. That’s why she joined us to help as many people as possible with their health issues.