Best Walking Canes For Balance (Top 5 Updated 2020)
Walking is one of the most popular forms of physical activity. It is easy, relaxing and can be done anywhere. It is highly effective for controlling blood glucose levels. Regular physical activity helps muscles absorb blood glucose and prevent it from building up in the bloodstream. Physical exercise is essential for blood glucose control. It is necessary for better cardiovascular fitness. Physical workout burns calories which can help you control weight. (source)
Benefits of Walking
1. It is a suitable physical activity for most people. It can help you lose body fat, improve your health and fitness, maintain a healthy weight, and reduce your risk of developing heart disease, type 2 diabetes and cancers. It can be performed at your own place without worrying about some of the risk associated with other forms of exercise. It is a great form of physical activity for elderly and for people who are overweight. It can significantly increase cardio respiratory fitness.
2. When mobility is reduced, the older person’s ability to perform everyday activity is affected and they may increasingly become dependent on others for their day to day activities. Walker offers essential and effective support to relieve pressure. It is made from aluminum to ensure they are easy to lift and lightweight. Folding stick can easily fit in your handbag. It is a valuable defensive tool, while hiking in the deep woods.
Health Benefits of Using Walking Canes For Balance
1. Back and Joint Health: One of the benefits of using walking canes for balance is that It helps redistribute body’s mass and avoids all your weight coming down on your back, knees and hips. It displaces your body mass from your back and lower body and supports it through the stick and your arms. This can reduce pressure on your joints and muscles and help people with arthritis or back problems. It also fosters proper posture, particularly in your upper back. Proper posture redistributes mass evenly which reduces the risk of injury and improves back health.
2. Improved Stability and Balance: When you walk over uneven surface then various obstacles can make it difficult to maintain balance. When you are going uphill, hiking on loose dirt or stepping on rocks you need a proper support for stability and balance. Walker stabilizes your body weight and reduces your risk of falling and slipping. It also assists on hills by providing balance, especially when you become fatigued and your muscle strength becomes less reliable.
3. Walking sticks improves a person’s mobility. It helps people of all ages to maintain a healthier and active lifestyle. It can benefit a person’s health by giving them better balance. It lessens the stress on the body and relieves join pain. Elderly use it to move around better and for the things they need to do. It can give a person more confidence and is beneficial for people of all ages. It minimizes weight from the legs, back, knees, hips and ankles and makes you feel less tired and more energized in your day to day activities.
How to Use a Walking Canes For Balance
Best Walking Canes For Balance (Top 5 Updated 2020)
External support is needed to increase the sensory input and psychological support in physical disabilities while walking. The elderly start using a walking stick because of balance and postural disorders and to prevent falling because of these disorders. A walking stick is the most preferred walking aid, because it is easy to use and is accepted by the society.
1 – HurryCane Freedom Edition Folding Cane at Amazon
HurryCane Freedom Edition Folding Cane is one of the best walking canes for balance you can find out there that is high quality and is very affordable. Thousands of reviews from customers are very positive and its the most resistant one.
You can customize the fit of the HurryCane by adjusting the handle height setting between 30.5″ and 37.5″. Base Size: 3.5 inch, Folded Size: 13.7 inch.
The HurryCane stands on its own by your side when you need it, and folds up compactly in seconds when you’re sitting. Do not use cane if cord is cut, frayed or damaged.
2 – NOVA Designer Walking Cane with Offset Handle at Amazon
Beautiful, lightweight & adjustable walking cane has an offset handle design that provides optimal support and comfort for the arm and wrist. Adjusts from 28” – 39” for approximate user height: 4’11” – 6”4”. Weighs only 1 pound with a 300 lb weight capacity. Comfortable foam hand grip comes with a convenient carrying strap
3 – Medical King Walking Cane For Balance at Amazon
Comfortable balanced walking cane, will help your back, shoulder and wrist and your balance, will make you walk straight and upright – sleek and sturdy, and very comfortable.
10 Adjustable heights from 40 up to 49 inches and can be used for anyone from 4.5 feet up to 6.5′ feet and up to 300 pounds.
4 – HealthSmart Quad Cane at Amazon
Durable quad cane is made from high quality material that will support up to 250 pounds. A sit to stand walker is more supportive than a standard cane and has slip resistant rubber tips for firmer footing which not only improves your mobility, but your confidence. Fsa eligible
Its is a comfortable quad cane has soft foam handles giving you a pleasant and no strain grip even after hours of use. Cane handle type round or standard.
5 – Hugo Mobility Adjustable Quad Cane at Amazon
These height adjustable, ebony large base quad canes can accommodate most people between 5′ – 6′.5″ and are durable, versatile and stylish.
The Hugo Quad Cane has a shock absorbing cushion-top handle with reflective strap for added night time safety.
Hugo Large Quad Canes incorporate push buttons to provide 11 precision height settings, supporting up to 300 lbs. The ergonomic cane handle is designed to fit more comfortably in your hand while the K-shaped base provides greater stability and can be rotated for left or right hand use
- Weight Capacity: 300 lbs.
- Fits Most People Between: 5′ – 6’5″
- Handle Height Adjustments (handle to floor): 2’4″ – 3’3″
- Item Weight: 2.7 lbs.
- Assembled Dimensions (open): 1.0″ x 1.0″ x 28.0″
Karen started writing about health to document her own journey. She fell into some very bad habits and knew things had to change. That’s why she joined us to help as many people as possible with their health issues.