Copper Gloves For Arthritis Hands (Top 5 Updated For 2020)
- Copper Compression Arthritis Gloves – Commonly used by people suffering from pain in the hands, Arthritis, Carpal Tunnel, Tendonitis, stiff or sore muscles, tendons & joints.
- CopperJoint Fingerless Compression Gloves – Designed to enhance performance, help speed recovery, and provide relief from injury and inflammation.
- COPPER HEAL Arthritis Compression Gloves – Alleviates muscle stiffness and soreness; helps to relieve from arthritis, osteoporosis, tendonitis and other pains.
- FITTOO Arthritis Compression Gloves – Alleviate symptoms of Arthritis, RSI, carpal tunnel, tendonitis, thumb stiffness, swollen hands, muscle fatigue, even soft tissue and sport-related injuries, allowing you to perform at your peak.
- Comfy Brace Arthritis Hand Compression Gloves – The continuous compression and moisture wicking fabric enhance your blood circulation, facilitate hand dexterity, let your skin breathe and reduce arthritis pains and swelling.
What is Arthritis of The Hand ?
Hand osteoarthritis is inflammation that causes pain and stiffness in your joints. It usually happens in three places:
- The base of your thumb, where it meets your wrist
- One of the joints closest to your fingertips
- The middle joint of a finger
There’s no cure, but there are a lot of ways to protect your joints and feel better.
Without treatment, osteoarthritis gets worse over time. It’s important to get a diagnosis and a treatment plan as soon as possible.(source)
Arthritis of the Hand Causes and Risk Factors
Osteoarthritis (OA) was once thought to happen because of wear and tear on your joints. But now doctors have something else to say about it.
On the ends of your bones, there’s a layer of smooth material called cartilage. It helps cushion your joints and allows them to slide easily. But over time, the cartilage gets worn down. The bones rub against each other, causing the symptoms of OA. The wear and tear can also cause other tissues in the joint to make inflammatory cells, which damage it more.
Certain things can make you more likely to have arthritis of the hand :
- Age. The older you are, the higher your odds.
- Sex. Compared with men, women are twice as likely to get it.
- Ethnicity. Rates are lower in African Americans.
- Weight. Thinner people are less likely to get it than those who have obesity.
- Injuries. This includes broken and dislocated bones.
- Changes in your genes. Your parents might have passed down a higher chance of OA.
- Joint problems. This includes infections, loose ligaments, overuse, and joints that aren’t aligned the way they should be.
What causes flare-ups?
You might notice that your symptoms are worse in the morning. Other triggers may include:
- Cold weather
- Changes in barometric pressure
- Making the same motion over and over
- Overdoing an activity
How Copper Gloves For Arthritis Hands Work
Copper Gloves For Arthritis Hands may work through several mechanisms. “Thermal gloves warm the hand, which can make you feel very comfortable and even take away some of the pain,” says Karen Jacobs, EdD, OT, OTR, CPE, FAOTA, a clinical professor at Boston University and an occupational therapist who works with arthritis patients.
Others type of copper gloves for arthritis hands are compression gloves that provide pressure. “Particularly when you’re having a flare in the fingers and joints and just feeling really uncomfortable, the compression seems to help reduce the swelling and can help with some joint stiffness as well,” says Jacobs. Compression may also improve blood circulation. Overall, arthritis gloves can make patients feel more relaxed and calm with a reduction in symptoms.
What Studies Say About Copper Gloves For Arthritis Hands
Unfortunately, there isn’t a whole lot of science behind the Copper Gloves For Arthritis Hands — yet, anyway. So far, studies have been inconclusive in proving that arthritis gloves actually improve symptoms. But anecdotally, many arthritis patients who use them have found relief.
As a professional OT, Jacobs says she will advise patients to wear arthritis gloves. “Occupational therapists sometimes do recommend gloves and that’s very appropriate,” she says. “If someone is saying, ‘I’m having a lot of pain and discomfort but I want to keep typing on the computer’ or ‘I want to continue playing squash or racquetball or tennis’ or ‘I want to keep gardening,’ the gloves may help them continue doing everyday activities and hobbies they enjoy.”
Should You Wear Copper Gloves For Arthritis Hands?
There are some caveats to arthritis gloves, though. “What’s really important is to make sure the glove fits the individual very well — you want to make sure it’s not too loose or too tight because you won’t get the benefit of it,” Jacobs says. “And you don’t want to get gloves that are too tight because that may be even more uncomfortable.”
Be careful that they’re not too small — one CreakyJoints Facebook member told us she had to cut them off when her hands swelled! Instead, arthritis patient Geraldine Wolverton told us on Facebook, “I buy mine a size larger than recommended, because my hands are usually swollen when I put them on.”(source)
Related: Medical Compression Socks For Women
Copper Gloves For Arthritis Hands (Top 5 Updated For 2020)
Help support stiff and sore muscles and joints while still allowing you to retain your range of motion. These gloves are not like other big and bulky products that restrict your movement. Instead they give you support while still allowing your muscles to move, work, and strengthen for long lasting benefits.
It’s no secret that as you age you feel more stiff and sore and it takes longer for your joints and muscles to recover. Simple things like opening a jar or typing on a computer can even be challenging… especially for people suffering from arthritis, inflammation, or injury. But giving up, doing nothing, and sitting on the couch is NOT the answer.
2 – CopperJoint Fingerless Compression Gloves at Amazon
This products feature a unique copper-infused, breathable, moisture-wicking fabric that stays warm in cold temperatures and gets cooler when the temperature rises.
Copper’s unique properties help eliminate odor allowing you to wear your sleeve longer without worry about the smell at the gym or at work.
It is specially designed to enhance performance, help speed recovery, and provide relief from injury and inflammation.
3 – COPPER HEAL Arthritis Compression Gloves at Amazon
Alleviates muscle stiffness and soreness; helps to relieve from arthritis, osteoporosis, tendonitis and other pains. It provides mild compression for warmth that increases blood circulation, which ultimately reduces pain and promotes healing.
4 – FITTOO Arthritis Compression Gloves at Amazon
Alleviate symptoms of Arthritis, RSI, carpal tunnel, tendonitis, thumb stiffness, swollen hands, muscle fatigue, even soft tissue and sport-related injuries.
You can use it as normal gloves with rubber grips add traction that can help you do all activities with ease in everyday support such as computer typing & more.
5 – Comfy Brace Arthritis Hand Compression Gloves at Amazon
Made of high quality cotton spandex, these gloves ensure a comfortable fit and increased mobility all day long.
The fingerless design facilitates holding onto things without hindering your every move. Run errands, clean the house, hold slippery items, text messages, work on your computer, cook dinner or even walk the dog.
Whether you are struggling with arthritis, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid pains, muscle stiffness and hand inflammation, these anatomically designed gloves are the way to go.
Karen started writing about health to document her own journey. She fell into some very bad habits and knew things had to change. That’s why she joined us to share tips and new researches to help as much people as possible take care of their health the natural way.