Most Accurate Home Medical Thermometer (Top 5 Updated For 2020)
A thermometer is a device that measures temperature or a temperature gradient. It has has two important elements:
- Temperature sensor (e.g. the bulb of a mercury-in-glass thermometer or the pyrometric sensor in an infrared thermometer) in which some change occurs with a change in temperature;
- Some means of converting this change into a numerical value (e.g. the visible scale that is marked on a mercury-in-glass thermometer or the digital readout on an infrared model). Thermometers are widely used in technology and industry to monitor processes, in meteorology, in medicine, and in scientific research. (source)
There are many type of thermometers out there, check the list bellow about common types of thermometers and their use:
- Clinical or Medical thermometers – a medical thermometer is used to measure body temperature. Mostly thermometers made in the 20th century are mercury thermometers. They are sensitive and accurate, having a narrow place where the level of mercury rises very fast. A kink on the tube stops the mercury level from falling on its own. These kinds of thermometers are used in the clinics by the doctors, so they are also called a doctor’s thermometers. It is used to measure human body temperature in the range of 35 °C to 42 °C. Medical thermometers are cleaned before and after each use, with alcohol. (source)
- Laboratory thermometers – It is used to measure the room temperature of hot solids and liquids in experiments. It measures temperature in the range of 5 °C to 110 °C and on higher temperatures.
- Digital thermometers – Digital thermometers measure the temperature by means of an electronic circuit. The information they capture is sent to a microchip that processes it and displays it numerically on the digital screen. They are easy to use, fast, accurate and inexpensive. These are advanced thermometers used to measure the temperature of a body of a high level of accuracy.
- Infrared ear thermometers – the temperature in the ear is also known as the tympanic membrane temperature or eardrum. This is one of the ways to take your body temperature using the inside of your ear. Children like this way of taking temperature because it is taken quickly. The normal ear temperature is 99.5 degrees F (37.5 degrees C) in adults. They should not be over-squeezed or used on ears with a lot of wax.
Infrared thermometers capture body heat in the form of infrared energy given off by a heat source. This type of thermometer is based on the fact that the laws that govern the radioactive emission of bodies allow the precise calculation of the temperature of the radiating object from its emission spectrum, without requiring direct contact with it.
How to use home medical thermometers?
Home medical thermometers are used for measuring human or animal body temperature. The tip of the thermometer is inserted into the mouth under the tongue (oral or sub-lingual temperature), under the armpit (axillary temperature), into the rectum via the anus (rectal temperature), into the ear (tympanic temperature), or on the forehead (temporal temperature).
Most Accurate Home Medical Thermometer (Top 5 Updated For 2020)
We reviewed a range of thermometers available and we selected the top 5 most accurate home medical thermometer to share with you. The main points we looked at were price, quality and the accuracy of the temperature readings.
The iHealth is the most accurate home medical thermometer you can buy online that’s not expensive. You will get very accurate reading because of its ultra-sensitive infrared sensor that collects more than 100 data points per second from the forehead. The additional distance and environmental sensors make necessary adjustments to give you accurate readings.
With innovative designs & simple easy to use control by one button, the ihealth thermometers are great for adults, kids and babies offering accurate temperature readings.
- For kids and adults
- Comes with 3 sensors
- Medically approved
- Comes with instruction manual and quick user guide
- Very easy to use
- Very accurate
- Customers reported to be a little small
It is suitable for taking body temperature as well as measuring the temperature of food, water and rooms. The unit is simple to operate and it has a large LCD screen that’s easy to read.
This thermometer has been clinically tested and found to be a fast and absolutely reliable gadget to use.
Measurement deviation ± 0.1 ℉ / ℃. It is actually more accurate than standard mercury thermometers.
CocoBear Non – Touch Thermometer Medical Grade is designed for all ages, adults, infants, and elders. It not only supports the forehead function but is able to take room/object temperature. ℃ and ℉ are easily switchable.It is equipped with a clear LED Digital Screen and large operating buttons.
- Large backlit screen
- Can be used for objects or body
- Easy to use
- Accurate readings
- The button are small and little hard to push
The Aazomba Medical Thermometer is equipped with the most advanced medical infrared technology and high precision sensor for getting reliable and accurate readings within 1s. They use professional medical ABS materials, safer than the traditional mercury thermometer.
It can store and recall up to 35 temperature readings, available to help you track changes of temperature. Intelligent auto turn-off after 15 seconds. Equipped with fever warning function, the infrared thermometer for fever will help you better know the temperature status with corresponding lights and beeps.
- Easy tor read display.
- LED Display screen, tricolor backlight.
- Fever alarm
- Fast: the measurement time is less than 1 second
- Some customers reported that it doesn’t provide display temperature in F*(Fahrenheit).
The best feature of this medical home medical thermometer is the silent mode setting you can get the measurements within 1s by one-key service easily in the dark without disturbing your baby’s sleep (best recommended for babies).
Designed with ℃ and ℉, two universal temperature unit, this forehead thermometer can meet the needs of people in different districts with different usage habits.
You can easily set the temperature unit in either ℃ or ℉: Open the battery cover, use the toggle switch to change the ℃/℉.
The one button operation makes everything easy you can setup and start to use it within few minutes. 3 color display, you can recognize fever directly.
- Very easy to use, only has one button
- Comes with instruction manual
- Fast reading, just 1 sec.
- Readings may flutuate
This medical forehead thermometer for home use comes with Germany Heimann Infrared, it is a high sensitive thermal probeand with the latest smart chip for improved precision and clinical accuracy.
The measuring time is under 1 second.
Has a large screen LCD, with white backlight, it can be displayed under any light. One single button for measurement, this way it makes it simple to use.
It is possible to modify the setting parameters to adapt to the medical temperature measurement system in different countries and convert to each other using Celsius and Fahrenheit.
- Very fast readings, under 1 sec.
- Protective carry case.
- Instruction manual
- Ease to read screen.
All of the home medical thermometer that we reviewed are handheld units and battery operated. They all use infrared technology and all have different modes and functions. Some thermometer are more expensive than other but all very easy to use.
After carefully reviewing all of the medical thermometers, the most accurate medical home thermometer is the ihealth medical home thermometer.
This medical home thermometer is a very good value for the money and gives a very accurate temperature readings. It can be used for both adults and kids, it has 3 sensors and it is medically approved.
Karen started writing about health to document her own journey. She fell into some very bad habits and knew things had to change. That’s why she joined us to help as many people as possible with their health issues.